“The world is a playground, and life is pushing my swing.”

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Knowledge and Reality

This isnt a quote, but I like this cartoon because it shows that people like to escape reality. People use drugs, or alcohol or in this case a virtual reality. Reality is scary because sooner or later we have to face it, so some people run away from it for as long as possible, which is an even sadder reality for them. Creating your own reality, i think, gives you a new reality, but a fake one. I dont think we can hide from reality no matter how hard we try, which is why I like this cartoon. He is hiding in his fake reality, but the true reality is, he is talking with a not so hot woman. Poor guy.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/v/virtual_reality.asp
____________________________________________________________

“Knowledge maps are needed now more than ever because people need ways to manage the sheer volume of information out there”-Brad Paley-

Where do we get all of our knowledge and why the heck do we need maps now? Are we so ignorant that we think we know so much we need to start making maps for all our knowledge? I don’t think humans know the half of the information God has for us, it’s kind of dumb to think we are so smart and full of information. Yes humans do have a lot of knowledge of our environment and world, but I don’t think we could even comprehend what knowledge awaits us. If we need maps now, we are going to have problems when God fills us in on the big picture. This quote made me think about how much we actually don’t know about our reality, and how raw our knowledge really is.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060413/LIFE/604130304
_____________________________________________________________

The belief that one's own view of reality is the only reality is the most dangerous of all delusions”-Paul Watzlawick-

I like this quote, I don’t really know why, I just do. The end


http://en.thinkexist.com/search/searchquotation.asp?search=reality&page=2
_________________________________________________________
“The message of reality television is that ordinary people can become so important that millions will watch them. And the secret thrill of many of those viewers is the thought that perhaps next time, the new celebrities might be them”- Steve Reiss

This quote made me think about what reality really is. I don’t even think reality TV is reality in the first place. How can people be stranded on an island, “all alone” when the camera crews are right there in their face, how is that a reality? If someone goes on a reality TV show then they are faced with a new reality and I guess the cameras capture the person’s new reality, but is it a fake on? If they are put into this different situation, with cameras on them at all times, I think they are probably acting different then they would without cameras so in a sense it’s a fake reality. Either way, it’s sad to think that people love reality TV so much because they wish it could be them next on the TV show. It’s as if people are so bored with their own reality that they need to watch everyone elses whose reality in fact may not even be reality!

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1175/is_5_34/ai_82261905

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home